- Sawhorses and/or work table on which to put the sofa while working on it.
- Cutting table or large flat surface to roll out the fabric while cutting. Upholstery fabric is about 54" wide, so a fabric cutting table is generally about 60" wide. It can be anywhere from 8 ft to 12 ft long, or longer, depending upon the amount of space you have.
- Shelf for fabrics that you are or will be working on. I have a shelf under my cutting table to hold the fabrics.
- Tables to go around your sewing machines
- Thread racks
- Shelves for tools and supplies
- Tool racks or holders